Oxygen Sensor Installation
Remove protector cap just prior to installation.
If not already coated, apply (enclosed) anti-seize to oxygen sensor threads.
Install sensor body ensuring lead wire is not twisted or bent.
Install all sensors with new gasket supplied & torque to proper specs as below:
M18 sensors – Install-finger tight then 1/2 – 3/4 turn with wrench/O2 sensor socket 26 – 33ft. lbs.
M12 sensors – Install-finger tight then 3/4 – 1 turn with wrench/O2 sensor socket 13.2 – 17ft. lbs.
a) Flanged applications (where flange is NOT already installed on sensor) – Install flange to exhaust manifold first, then mount sensor in flange (copper gasket is bonded to the flange & no additional gasket is required)
b) Flanged applications (where flange is already installed on sensor) – It is important to use the supplied gasket before installing sensor
STEP 5: Connect and route lead wire as originally installed.
• DO NOT drop or use an oxygen sensor that has been dropped as this may have caused shock damage to the ceramic cell
• DO NOT use any compounds on or around the sensor unless labeled as oxygen sensor-friendly products
• DO NOT use impact wrench or conventional socket-type wrench to install sensor
• DO NOT allow sensor or lead wire to touch exhaust manifold or any other hot component
• DO NOT expose this product to water, oil, windshield cleaner, anti-corrosion oil, grease, terminal cleaner, etc.
• DO NOT use leaded fuels, silicone or metal-based additives
• DO NOT store under high humidity conditions